Spa Călimăneşti-Căciulata lies at a distance of 17 km of Râmnicu Vâlcea, in the Vâlcea county, in a subalpine area, and is open all year round.
The resort is particularly important because of the hot springs and mineral atermale, the beauty of the environment, and the cures applied.
Here operates a clinical department of physical medicine, rehabilitation and balneology of Bucharest, the clinical specialist, is affiliated with the Department of Medicine and Pharmacy of the University "Carol Davila" Bucharest.
The area offers ample opportunities for outdoor activities, relaxation and hikes.
- Digestive disorders (chronic gastritis, chronic colitis);
- Hepatobiliary disorders (biliary dyskinesia, chronic cholecystitis, postoperative liver disorders, chronic hepatitis, chronic pancreatitis);
- Renal and urinary tract;
- Nutritional and metabolic disorders (diabetes, obesity);
- Inflammatoire reumatische aandoeningen (artrose);
- Perifere neurologische aandoeningen;
- Respiratory diseases (allergic asthma, bronchitis, chronic tracheobronchitis) associated diseases (gynecological, dermatological, cardiovascular, fatigue, occupational diseases);
- Allergic disorders over the body.
Resources for the treatment:
The center has facilities for bathing in hot mineral waters, electrotherapy and hydrotherapy, gyms, etc..
Options of treatment:
- Ultrasono therapy with continuous or pulsed electromagnetic asociatie;
- Eletro Therapy;
- Laser therapy;
- Magneto Therapy;
- Galvanic baths;
- Internal treatment with mineral water;
The climate has cool summers and mild winters. It has a temperate continental climate with an average annual temperature of 9 degrees Celsius.
Places of tourist interest:
- The church in Ostrov, founded by Neagoe Basarab and built in the years 1518-1522;
- Turnu Hermitage, where there is a church that dates from 1676;
- The Cozia monastery 5 km away from the city, founded by Mircea cel Batran, who also is buried here. In this cloister are frescoes dating from 1391.
- The museum, located here has a valuable collection of icons.