Ocna Sugatag is located in Maramures county, at a distance of 10 km from Vadul Izei, on a hill that separates Valea Marei from Valea Cosaului, at an altitude of 490 m, the sinking of Maramureş.
The spa is open all year.
It lies at a distance of 20 km from Sighetul Marmaţiei, at the foot of the volcanic mountain range Ţibleş-Gutai.
Now after one hundred years salt production, the galleries are crumbling down, and eyes are formed of warm salt water. Today, Ocna Sugatag is a spa where therapeutic treatments are performed, and recreational activities are developed, of particular importance for the region.
- degenerative rheumatic diseases and abarticulare;
- peripheral neurological disorders (paralysis, polyneuropathy after complaints);
- gynecological disorders (ovarian failure, cervicitis);
- post-traumatic disorders;
- arthritis, osteoarthritis political.
Resources for the treatment:
Bioclimatic with a calming effect, sources with concentrated chlorine-soda mineral water.
Options of treatment:
- hot baths in basins;
- aero heliotherapy;
- cold baths;
- medical massage;
The climate is specific to the area, mainly due to the cool summers and cold winters, clean air and restful.
You can reach Ocna Sugatag:
- By plane to Cluj Napoca or Satu Mare;
- By car on the DN-18 Baia Mare Sighetul Marmatiei, to the right in Hărniceşti.
- By train to Sighetul Marmatiei and further by car.