Borsec Spa is located in Harghita county, at a distance of 28 km from Topliţa, and 130 km from Târgu Mureş, and is open all year round.
Borsec Spa is located in a valley enclosed by the Bistrita Mountains, the Călimani Mountains and the Ceahlau Mountains, and may rejoice in the beauty of their presence.
It features a large number of sources of mineral water, which is internationally recognized by the therapeutic effect.
- Cardiovascular disease;
- Varicose Veins;
- Digestive disorders (chronic constipation, chronic gastritis hypo acid);
- Biliary Dyskinesia;
- Kidney disorders;
- Metabolic Diseases;
- Muscle and joint pain.
Resources for the treatment:
- Facilities for bathing in hot tubs or basins;
- Apparatus for electro-and hydrotherapy;
- Plants for herbal baths;
- Numerous recreational activities, ski and sledding.
Options of treatment:
- Internal and external treatment with mineral water;
- Electro Therapy;
- Electro puncture;
- Underwater physiotherapy and rehabilitation;
Places of tourist interest:
- Poiana Zânelor and "travertine quarry";
- Grota Urşilor (Bear Cave);
- Ice Cave;
- Străvechi well (Mofette);
- Seven wells, at 1 km from the center of the spa.