Câmpina is a city in Prahova county, Romania, north of the county seat Ploieşti, located on the main route between Wallachia and Transylvania. In 2003, the city celebrated 500 years since its founding.
Formerly a customs point on the trade route between Transylvania and Wallachia, the town developed at the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century as an oil extraction and processing center. Between 1897 and 1898, Câmpina was the site of the largest oil refinery in Europe.
- Nicolae Grigorescu Memorial Museum
- Iulia Hasdeu Castle
- Biserica de la han (de la brazi) (The Inn Church)
- Geo Bogza Cultural Center
- Casa Tineretului (The House of the Youth)
- The Hernea Chapel
- Fantana cu Ciresi (on the Muscel hill)
- Muscel, Ciobu and Pitigaia hills
- Prahova and Doftana riverbanks