The spa Ocna Sibiului is located in the northern part of Depresiunii Sibiului, northwest of the town. The spa is open all year round and is known for its healing salt water.
Compared to the spa, Sibiu is situated at a distance of 17 km, other places around: Cisnadie at 31 km., Copsa Mica at 45km and Mediaş at 33 km.
The spa complex was renovated, and provides optimal conditions for treatment and rest. In the vicinity of Ocna Sibiului you will find the following lakes:
- Lacul Brancoveanu, Lacul Rosu en Lacul Negru - the saltiest of Europe;
- Lacul Avram Iancu - the deepest salt lake of Romania-130 m
- Lacul făra Fund - natural monument by unique phenomenon heliothermic.
- Rheumatic diseases;
- Subacute and chronic inflammatory diseases;
- Diseases of the motion mechanism.
Resources for the treatment:
- The salt water of the lakes;
- The mineral water of the Horea well;
- Medicinal mud.
Options of treatment:
- baths, underwater massage, whirlpool baths for the upper and lower limbs;
- mud and paraffin treatments and heat contrasts therapy (sauna);
- the use of collective sputtering;
- treatment with low, medium and high frequency power;
- one deals with subacute and chronic inflammatory diseases and sterility;
- gymnastics on modern equipment;
- treatment baths for the whole body or part with state concentrated sodium chloride water.
The climate is temperate continental, with features for the prevention and treatment of diseases.