Sângeorz-Băi is in the district Bistrița-Năsăud, in the southern part of the Rodnei mountains at 56 km from the city of Bistrița.
Sângeorz-Băi is a spa that is open all year and features a temperate mountain climate.
The winters are cold with an average July temperature of -5.5 degrees Celsius, while the annual average temperature amounts to 7.5 degrees Celsius.
The spa is known for its healing mineral waters originating from different sources that can be found here. It has the status of the early seventeenth century, the various types of water and their medicinal properties are similar to those of Vichy and Karlovy Vary.
- Digestive disorders (gastritis, duodenal ulcer, ulcer scars after surgery, chronic constipation);
- Degenerative arthritis;
- Treatment of the condition after a liver surgery;
- Chronic pancreatitis;
- Gout with joint disorders;
- Chronic hepatitis.
Options of treatment:
Warm baths with mineral water;
Internal treatment with mineral water.
Resources for the treatment:
- Chlorine, sodium, magnesium, bicarbonate, mineral mud containing, mineral water sources.
- Mineral Waters have a very high efficiency.
- The spa is equipped with facilities for bathing in hot tubs, for aerosols and inhalations, for making mud compresses, electrotherapy, hydrotherapy and mud baths.